Android Quick Start
- Android (5.0+)
- Picovoice Account and AccessKey
- Android Studio
- Android device with USB debugging enabled or Android simulator
Picovoice Account & AccessKey
Signup or Login to Picovoice Console to get your
Make sure to keep your
Install Android Studio.
mavenCentral()repository in the top-level
build.gradle. Then add the following to the app's
- Add the following to the app's
AndroidManifest.xmlfile to enable recording with an Android device's microphone:
Octopus Builder to create an instance of
Index an audio file by passing in the absolute path to the file on device:
Search audio using the generated metadata object:
Free resources used by
For the Octopus Android SDK, we offer a demo application that demonstrates how to use the Speech-to-Index engine on audio recordings.
Clone the Octopus repository from GitHub using HTTPS:
- Open the Android demo using Android Studio.
- Copy your
AccessKeyfrom Picovoice Console into the
ACCESS_KEYvariable in MainActivity.java.
- Run the application using a connected Android device or using an Android simulator.